TEFMA Board Nominations Close Friday
Nominations are currently being sought from within the TEFMA membership for the following positions on the TEFMA Board which take effect at the conclusion of 2020 TEFMA Annual General Meeting.
- Vice-President (three-year commitment leading to President Elect and President)
- Treasurer / Secretary (two-year term)
- Director (3 positions, two-year term)
Newly elected officers will take up their positions at the Incoming Board meeting to be held on Thursday, 17 September 2020.
The Call for Nominations occurs electronically via email. A completed Nomination Form (click here to download) should be completed and returned in PDF format, via email, to the Returning Officer. The nomination process is as follows:
- If you wish to nominate for one of the above vacant positions on the 2020/2021 TEFMA Board you must advise the Returning Officer (Rob Beck firstname.lastname@example.org) by email of your intention to do so by no later than 4pm AEST on Friday, 5 June 2020.
- You must provide the Returning Officer with the name, institution, and signature of the persons proposing and seconding your nomination as outlined in the attached Nomination Form. Note: both the proposer and the seconder must be eligible Institutional Members (IM) from two different institutions. (An IM is the primary contact member for their institution’s TEFMA Membership – contact email@example.com for a list of IMs if you are unsure)
- Institutions to which nominees, proposers and seconders belong must be financial at the time of the call for nominations
- Nominees are encouraged to provide a brief statement in support of their nomination (maximum 250 words). Statements should be included in the attached nomination form.
General information on the obligations and typical commitments of prospective board members
Should the number of nominations received for any office exceed the number of Board vacancies, an electronic ballot will be conducted from 12 June 2020 with a view to declare the final poll by no later than Monday, 29 June 2020. The rules governing the conduct of TEFMA elections can be found in Article IV, Section 21.3 of TEFMA's current By-laws.
Information for prospective board members
It is important that those seeking election, and their Institution, understand the commitment required prior to nominating. The ‘Elections Position’ document has been provided by the TEFMA Board to give prospective Board members some idea of their commitment should they seek election to the Board. Click here to download.
For further information and/or to discuss available positions in more detail, please contact the TEFMA President or TEFMA President-Elect (details below).
For all other enquiries or to submit your nomination: