Continuing Professional Development
TEFMA is excited to announce the launch of its Continuing Professional Development program (CPD for short). The CPD program recognises a TEFMA member’s continuing commitment to ongoing learning. In brief there are three (3) main categories and phases of the program’s rollout:
1) Participation – attendance at TEFMA conferences, workshops, webinars, and director’s forum, along with other TEFMA and applicable non-TEFMA events;
2) Contribution – recognition of delivering presentations, authoring publications, conducting research, volunteering your time and expertise as part of a TEFMA committee, event organising committee, special interest group or other service to the TEFMA and its members; and
3) Growth – completion of TEFMA short courses (under development), ATEM, and other educational offerings.
Recognition as part of the CPD program occurs in the form of a certificate, and acknowledgement as part of TEFMA’s awards process, when a member reaches 100 points. Members have a three (3) year period to achieve this.
Phase 1 is now live with Phases 2, and 3 being prepared for launch at a later date. Points will accumulate in your TEFMA Community profile automatically once you attend a TEFMA event. For non-TEFMA events, members are to log those events in their profile, and these will be audited for relevance to the tertiary education and/or facilities management.
The CPD program builds on the TEFMA’s commitment to providing quality educational offerings for its members, and recognises members’ commitment to keeping up with their personal development.
TEFMA hosts a diverse annual calendar of activities with targeted specialist content for the continuing professional development of its members within the higher education sector. The program includes the TEM conference, workshops, webinars and scholarship opportunities. To find out more about what's on this year, visit the TEFMA Events Calendar.
HOW TO RECORD YOUR CPD POINTS
My Portal ￫
My Content (found on left tool bar of the page) ￫
CPD Diary ￫
￫ Click add to CPD Diary
￫ Fill in the open fields:
· Write the name of the CPD Activity at the top of the page
· Enter points in the appropriate field – refer to the CPD POINT CALCULATION TABLE below to assist with calculating the CPD points for the activity
· Enter a short description of the event
· Attach supporting documentation (ie: registration confirmation, certificate of attendance, etc)
· List the date the activity was completed
· Click Save